WHAT IS RETARGETING?
Only 2% of shoppers convert on the first visit to an online store. Retargeting is giving advertisers the ability to leverage user-level data to deliver targeted and meaningful messages to each consumer. As a result, retargeting brings back the other 98%.
How Does Retargeting Work?
For retargeting to work, it is necessary to place a pixel code on your website. This code creates a list of people who visit the site by setting anonymous retargeting “cookies” in their browsers. The list allows retargeting ads to display to potential customers while they're browsing other sites. Ads can adapt to different geographies, demographics, and other factors with tailored messaging, imagery and experiences to enhance their relevance (and thus, engagement). Every time the customer sees your retargeting ads, the brand gains traction and more recognition.
Benefits of Using Retargeting
Retargeting generates more significant online sales by keeping the brand front and center, and bringing “window shoppers” back to your website when they’re ready to buy. Retargeting is most useful for segmenting the target audience among your site visitors and displaying different ads to each segment depending on their interests.